Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Handmade Results Success News Issue 1: Announcements, Lessons, Articles and More

Handmade Results Success News May 5, 2010 Issue #1

by Christine Gierer
Handmade Results

It is raining and cold here and not May-like at all. That makes it so much easier to sit down to chat with you so I guess every cloud has a silver lining. I hope so because there are a heck of a lot of clouds out there.

THE FIRST HANDMADE RESULTS SUCCESS NEWS NEWSLETTER

Now that I've gotten the bigger portions of the Handmade Results website and the Handmade Results Weekly course delivery nailed down, the next thing is to communicate with you better. So this is the first issue of Handmade Results Weekly Success News.

Future issues will likely be shorter. I have a bunch of news and announcements saved up but once I'm rolling this out regularly, the goal is to make it short, sweet, and quick to read.

(Sounds pretty fancy pants doesn't it? "Newsletter" I mean. Really it's just a kick in the butt to me to keep you in the loop on a more regular basis. I don't seem to do well unless I have deadlines I work towards...)

In This Issue


1. Handmade Results Weekly Lessons News (Premium Members)
2. Forum News (Premium Members)
3. Handmade Results Members News ~Free Members
4. New Short and Fast Business Helpers Coming Soon

1. Handmade Results Weekly Lessons News


I hope you got this email last week? It said,

"I'm currently upgrading the lesson delivery system so you might find you have trouble getting access to the lessons for the next few days. I'm smack dab in the middle of upgrading and moving things around.

I can already see some support tickets coming in, so please be patient. I still need to test that everything works properly.

I'll let you know when I've finished sorting everything. If you still have an access issue after I'm finished we'll work out the solution for you then. From what I can see at this point though, all support problems are related to my cleanup."
Here's an update on what's going on now...

I think everything is working and all Handmade Results Weekly Premium Level members can now get all lessons from the members page.
Here's the link to go directly to the members page

WHAT'S LEFT

I'm still making all the lesson pdf's all pretty and changing headers and previous lesson links text. From now on, all the "previous lessons" will refer you to the members page.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU STILL HAVE AN ISSUE


If you are a paying subscriber to the Handmade Results Weekly course and can't see any lesson links on your members page, let me know by hitting reply to this email.

REMINDER


Please remember that you won't be getting lesson reminders every week so please remember to get your lesson from your members page (about once ever 7 days).

MORE FOR YOU - FREE LESSONS TOO


One more change that I hope will please you. I've been making shorter mini-lessons for the free Handmade Results members but they've been getting them entirely by email. They've been related to your weekly lessons, but much shorter so you might like to read shorter articles too, I'm thinking in my little pea-brain.

Instead of sending mini-lessons by email, I thought I'd make them into blog posts. I have to write anyways so I might as well get the most bang for my writing buck.

This way I get SEO traffic (I hope!), I can presell my visitor with valuable relationship building content and still mail them to remind them. (There's a little tip for you in your business - if you can multipurpose something, do it.)

So be sure to read down to the Free Members News in this newsletter. There will be an article or two for free members that just might help you too.

2. Forum News (Premium Members)



What's the Premium Members HRW Forum for? It's for sharing ideas, bartering with others, giving and getting support, brainstorming and sharing your business challenges and victories.

Here's a question that you might be curious about too. The question was about Facebook and promotion - is it really worth the time suck? You can read the question, see what others have to say, and add your two cents here:

(The Premium Members Forum is for Handmade Results Weekly Members only. Join Handmade Results Weekly get premium access and weekly jewelry marketing lessons for internet based jewelers and designers.

3. Handmade Results Members News ~ Free Members


Yes, I haven't forgotten you and your lessons my little numchuk-cakes. (My four-year old thinks this is an AWESOME term of endearment).

We'll do it like this. I'll post the lessons as articles on the Handmade Results Blog and let you know when there is a new one. Cool? That will be my two-fer timesaver. Blog post + lesson all in one.

I'll try to vary the posts so that some will help absolute beginners and others will be more helpful to advanced users. If you have a request, you can hit reply and shoot it over to me. I can't promise, but I'll do my best to write a post or get a guest blogger to write about your topic or answer your question.

Here's the most recent post to turbocharge your online jewelry based business success. It's about a hot topic that's been hitting the SEO crowd like gangbuster recently, and for good reason. If you are wondering how best to spend your time to build traffic, this trumps Facebook and Twitter.
http://www.handmaderesults.com/1657/search-engine-positioning/


4. Short on Time and Short on Funds? New Stuff Coming

I know, I know... Time is shorter and shorter than ever and so is money right? You'll soon see some shorter, affordable Jewelry Marketing reports, courses and guides for you if you are short on time and short on cash, but really do want some step by step information to help you in your business.

If you've been waffling back and forth on whether you want to commit to the longterm strategy used in Handmade Results Weekly, or even if you are a regular subscriber that would like things simplified a little from time to time, you'll like what's coming.

The first release is a short, to the point, 5 lesson course on PROMOTION. The biggest question I'm getting is how to promote yourself on the internet and drive traffic to your online shop, blog, or website. So watch for that soon.


That's all for this week.

Warmly,
Christine Gierer
HandmadeResults.com

P.S. If you like this newsletter, be sure to forward to your friends.
--------------------------------------------------------
Received this newsletter from a friend? You can sign up here.

About: Handmade Results Success News

You are getting this e-mail because you are a member of the Handmade Results Mailing List. If you'd rather not receive further e-mails of this type, go to the bottom of this message and click on “unsubscribe.”

**Please be aware that unsubscribing from this mailing list does not cancel any paid subscription you have with us and you will continue to be billed unless you cancel your subscription. You may cancel by contacting me by hitting reply, or by going into your paypal account and canceling the subscription there.

Please be warned that the lessons are incremental though, and if you would like to rejoin in future you will start again at lesson 1.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!